sussex vets league signup and lift share
Updated 3rd August 2017: The final league table for 2017 is now available on the svl results page. The results of the final meeting in Eastbourne are available on the Power of Ten website from July 30th and can be found here.
Thank you to everyone who took part this year. Here's to an even more successful 2018!
To edit this page hover on V above right, then click on edit, then type your changes in, then click on Save below.
Dates and locations:
There are four SVL competition evenings each year. These take place on Monday or Wednesday evenings from May to July. The meetings take place either in Eastbourne or Lewes. The competitions begin at 18.30 and finish around 21:00. They're great fun, friendly evenings and an opportunity to meet athletes from our neighbouring clubs. Lewes compete in a joint team with Haywards Heath Harriers.
Details of the specific events (and age groups) taking place at each meeting are published on this page as soon as they are available together with a sign-up table and a lift-share for the Eastbourne meetings.
If you would like to take part in one of these meetings, please sign up when the table is published or you can notify our women's (Karin Divall) or men's (Richard Moore) team captain, giving your event preferences and age band.
Karin and Richard will compile a list to take on the evening and negotiate with Haywards Heath to produce the best combined team of 'scoring' competitors.
Even if you do not compete as 'scoring' you will be able to compete as 'non-scoring' in as many events as you want.
- Age groups are V35, V50 and V60, for both men and women
- Age group is by age on the day of the match
- Athletes can compete in an age group below their own but must declare which age group they are competing in before the event
- In all individual track events:
- The V35 age group is open to one 'A' and one a 'B' string competitor from each club
- The V50 and V60, where offered, are for A one-string competitor only
- In field events all age groups are open to one A-string competitor only
- Additional athletes can take part in track and field events as 'non-scoring'
- Throws and horizontal jumps are limited to 3 trials only
- Relay races are open to any mix of eligible athletes
For each event and for each age group offered:
- A first position scores 6 points, a 2nd position 5 points etc. down to 6th position 1 point.
- The V35 A-string and B-string track races as two different events.
- The team score is the total of all individual team members' scores.