Sussex vets league info
Updated 13th August 2021
To edit this page hover on V above right, then click on edit, then type your changes in, then click on Save below.
Please note that lift shares are currently suspended because of the COVID19 regulations. The only exception is sharing with a member of your household or your support bubble.
Dates and locations:
The 2021 competitions have now finished. Results are available on the SVL results page.
All the competitions take place on Monday or Wednesday evenings from May to July. The remaining two meetings are in Lewes. The competitions begin at 18.30 and finish around 21:00. They're great fun, friendly evenings and an opportunity to meet athletes from our neighbouring clubs. Lewes compete in a joint team with Haywards Heath Harriers.
Details of the specific events (and age groups) taking place at each meeting are published on this page about two weeks prior to the event together with a sign-up table and a lift-share for the Eastbourne meetings.
If you would like to take part in one of these meetings, please email our women's team captain (Karin Divall) or men's team captain (Marcus Kimmins) giving your event preferences, age band and expected time. The men's team captain this year is Marcus Kimmins of Haywards Heath Harriers, taking over from Barry Tullett who captained the men's team for the past two years.
Karin and Marcus will compile a list of competitors and produce the best combined team of 'scoring' competitors.
Even if you do not compete as 'scoring' you will be able to compete as 'non-scoring' in as many events as you want.
Please note that the COVID rules which apply to other Club events also apply to the SVL.
- Age groups are V35, V50 and V60, for both men and women
- Age group is by age on the day of the match
- Athletes can compete in an age group below their own but must declare which age group they are competing in before the event
- In all individual track events:
- The V35 age group is open to one 'A' and one a 'B' string competitor from each club
- The V50 and V60, where offered, are for A one-string competitor only
- In field events all age groups are open to one A-string competitor only
- Additional athletes can take part in track and field events as 'non-scoring'
- Throws and horizontal jumps are limited to 3 trials only
- Relay races are open to any mix of eligible athletes
For each event and for each age group offered:
- A first position scores 6 points, a 2nd position 5 points etc. down to 6th position 1 point.
- The V35 A-string and B-string track races as two different events.
- The team score is the total of all individual team members' scores.